Well, its about time I wrote this one out. The story of my engagement!
It was the wednesday of finals week at JMU, and I had an easy day ahead of me. My only final was my sign language II final at 7 pm. That morning, Ryan told me that the weather had finally let up and it’d be a beautiful day, so I decided to look nice and wear a dress. We spent the day together, walking around on campus and grabbing lunch. After, we headed to Carrier library so Ryan could do some work and I could grab Starbucks. At around 3, Ryan got up and told me he had to go to the bathroom, so I just kept browsing tumblr, waiting for him to come back.
A bit later, my good friend Jeremy [jeremy2e] walked up and sat down next to me. Jeremy and I started chatting about finals, tumblr, and computer troubles for awhile. Then he told me he “wanted to talk to me about something” and asked me to follow him on his walk to Forbes. I told him Ryan was in the bathroom, but he was insistent, so I texted Ryan that I would be back in a few minutes.
As we passed Keezell and Alumnae hall, Jeremy started professing his undying love for me. Keep in mind, Jeremy and I have been good friends since my freshman year when we were put on a COMEDIC IMPROV TEAM together, so I knew it was a joke and completely ignored him to say the least.
When I saw the Quad it was covered in people, no surprise. It was a gorgeous day and at JMU, the quad is the perfect place to be. The people were in two huge groups, so at first I figured they were classes. As I got closer I noticed two things in this order:
1. If those were classes, then they were 100 person lectures.
2. I knew every single person there.
A few thoughts went through my head:
What class is this? Why am I not in this class? Why are they all staring at me? Should I wave? I’ll wave. No one’s waving back. Why aren’t they waving back? This can’t be a class. How do all of my friends know each other? Why are they all here?
Ryan a masked man sprinted out of the center of my friends, wearing a suit and carrying a fencing blade. He started yelling at Jeremy, and demanded a duel, with me as the prize. Out of nowhere, Jeremy pulled out another blade, and jumped onto the kissing rock [clearly for the higher ground advantage]. Ryan the masked man and Jeremy began fencing, with Ryan the masked man advancing and Jeremy retreating upwards. Ryan the masked man knocked Jeremy off his feet, and he fell backward off the rock, dropping his blade and catching himself on the bench behind it. Ryan the masked man spared Jeremy and let him run off towards Wilson hall.
The masked man ripped off his mask and it was Ryan! Shocking! He then turned to me and told me he knew I was the one since the day we met in London. He dropped to one knee, and asked if I would spend the rest of my life with him. I said yes and embraced Ryan while our friends all cheered.
It just so happened that while my friends were waiting for me to arrive, the photographer for the JMU athletics teams was walking across the Quad to turn in his SMAD final. He stopped and asked what was going on, and someone told him there was about to be an engagement. He had his camera on him, and he caught the photo above, which I am SO thankful for.
Ryan did a fantastic job and I loved the proposal. I am beyond excited for our life together :)
- airspeaksforyou likes this
- velle-ities likes this
- kelceysuexo likes this
- every-ross-has-its-thorns likes this
- keylaahs2 reblogged this from mediocregrandma
- berrysquishypanda likes this
- neat0-torped0 likes this
- sogenannte-verlierer reblogged this from mediocregrandma
- lostinsophiesworld likes this
- lostinsophiesworld reblogged this from mediocregrandma
- behindxthesexeyes reblogged this from mediocregrandma and added:
- behindxthesexeyes likes this
- hairlesschewawa reblogged this from mediocregrandma
- michivall reblogged this from mediocregrandma
- michivall likes this
- kirbypaint likes this
- thecarrienations likes this
- dancingformilk reblogged this from mediocregrandma
- dancingformilk likes this
- moonprismpartytit reblogged this from mediocregrandma
- jewish-bread likes this
- alaskan-bullfrog reblogged this from mediocregrandma
- mediocregrandma reblogged this from byeceps
- byeceps reblogged this from i-do-augustus-i-do
- itselsaaa likes this
- speakxx likes this
- litlredmunchkin reblogged this from 50shadesofshambly
- katieisthecatsmeow likes this
- 50shadesofshambly reblogged this from brisayuhhh
- abricd likes this
- brisayuhhh reblogged this from improvdintegrals
- somecallmebart likes this
- pajamanation likes this
- barbieheathcoes likes this
- kissmechris reblogged this from blasianxbri
- x-joli likes this
- td0llaz likes this
- nerdfighter24 likes this
- princeghost21 likes this
- saytonpayton reblogged this from blasianxbri
- saytonpayton likes this
- foxxandhound likes this
- blvckxsvss reblogged this from blasianxbri
- happinessfromsorrow likes this
- jeremy2e likes this
- captainkonnichiwa reblogged this from quillionaire and added:
- skandypantz likes this
- twistedxvelvet likes this
- tessican reblogged this from saturdaymorningswithdi